Thursday, May 22, 2014

Truly You Curls: The Natural Girls Haute Interview!!!


Truly You Curls the Natural Girls Haute Interview!!! 


I met up with Truly You Curls, Audia M., at the Grand Lux Cafe (Houston Galleria) for an interview on how she founded Truly You Curls and the inspiriation behind the products for all you Natural Girls Haute… 

Awww… This is going to be Fab!!! 


But before the interview… 
Let's get to know one another and let our Natural Hair down! 


Talking with Audia about my hair as she could probably see that I made sure my hair was Naturally Haute for her interview… LOL!!!

We discussed the difference in my hair now that I've been using her Truly You products, Silky Smooth Scalp Treatment and Super Soft Butter Blend… 


It was fun learning more about how to treat my hair and wild vs. just plain old dryness… I tried to get away with telling Audia the reason I let my hair go at times was, "I like my hair wild" but of course, she knew better… HA! 

Brought out my Super Soft Butter Blend as a Truly You Curls girl!!! 


Okay, okay, I had a 'bring your friends to work day' and you know what? Turned out FANTASTIC!!! 

Audia had the opportunity of introducing her Truly You products to someone with a more straight/relaxed hair… 
So, even if you're not natural, no need to feel left out, it can work for you too! 

IT'S ABOUT HEALTHY HAIR!!! 


Now, before the food gets here (LOL!!!) and for what I'd like to call…

The Natural Girls Haute Interview!!! 


When was Truly You founded?
 "Originally, in 2010" Audia explains... During Law School, in the first stage of transition, it became a necessity as she couldn't find the products that worked for her and found herself spending at least $100 on products… She then chuckles and says, "I would have been broke and not able to eat through Law School" had she kept that up… HA! 
Combining different ingredients that she knew would work is now, Truly You…

What was the inspiriation behind Truly You? 
"Finding a product or products that would actually work".

What differeniates Truly You from other brands geared towards the kinky, coily, and curly hair textures? 
Audia replies, "There are a couple of things. First, we're local here in Texas and we like to thrive on the moto - We don't do ten things well, we do two things Great! "… 
Providing 2 specific products that moisturize Natural Hair… 

I use your products and I love them all! It works! So, how do you create the perfect balance between your Better Blend and Scalp Treatment? 
If she tells us, she'd probably have to kill us, she says... LOL!!! But she tells me, "through trial and error, trial and error, just another combination"… 


Are your products safe for everyday use? 
"Absolutely!" She says, her products are 100% Organic, natural ingredients that can be used all day, everyday, depending on the texture...

What products do you recommend for coarser, kinkier hair textures? 
"Super Soft Butter Blend" as she explains which is pretty light for Butter and people are usually astonished by the moisture aspect… 

For those who have straight or wavy textures, can they use your products too? 
"Absolutely!" she exclaims… Straight hair, weave or any protective styles or color-treated hair… It's perfect…

Transitioning from relaxed to natural is definitely a journey, what advice would you give to those in transition or considering transition? 
"It's a learning curve… Don't get discouraged as it's always a learning curve"… 
And don't I know it… HA! 


Where can Truly You products be purchased? 
Truly You online store as well as 4 locations here in Houston. Visit the website, there's a tab for local retailers… www.trulyyoucurls.com

What should we expect from Truly You next? 
"Continue to grow and get into the hands of our Natural Ladies with coarser hair, color-treated and even straight hair… 
It's a healthy product to get into your bathroom to help embrace you".


Good Eats have now arrived… 

Mmmmm… The Grand Lux Cafe (Houston Galleria), Macaroni & Cheese Skillet!?!!
5 Thumbs Up!!! HA! 


Well, what can I say!?!! And we're "Naturally" fun, too!!! HA! 


How do you end an Awesome Interview? 
You tailgate over to Crave Cupcakes for more giggles, fun times and of course, 
The CUPCAKES!!! 


When you do what you LOVE… It NEVER feels like work!!! 

OMG!!! I had such an AMAZING time interviewing, Truly You Curls founder, Audia!!!!

"It's nice to look at others hair and be like, oh their hair looks great! But I knew if my hair was healthy, I would love it the same" 
- Audia M. Truly You Curls

To be Natural, isn't always an easy journey… It can be a true battle finding what works for you and to maintain a healthy hair living… 

I'm a Natural Girl Haute, who has battled with understanding the roots to my hair… But… 
NOT ANYMORE!!! 

THANKS A BUNCH TRULY YOU CURLS!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment