Saturday, November 15, 2014

Thanksgiving - No Open Doors!!!


The Haute Report has hopped on the bandwagon of 'No Open Doors on Thanksgiving! 

Although we're huge shoppers, our family actually means more than rumbling with someone over a sweater for only 15% off. 

I'm glad to see some of my favorite stores stand their ground and saying "No Open Doors on Thanksgiving"!


Most retailers are blaming their "Open Doors on Thanksgiving" on consumers, saying, "it's what our consumers want". Hmmm… Probably consumers that don't work in the retail industry, eh? But has our society really got to a point where we no longer appreciate traditional holidays with our family and friends? 

I for one will not shop this Thanksgiving. Black Friday? I'll probably pass on that, too. I'm not keen to the headache of large crowds, playing tug-a-war over items. Yes! I love awesome deals! But it's not worth the hour-long looking for parking or carefully watching my feet as I walk to avoid others from stepping all over or running over my shoes. HA! 

While there are more than a handful of stores that will be closed for Thanksgiving… Here are some of our favorites where doors will be closed! 


1. T.J. Maxx

2. Marshalls

3. DSW Shoes

4. Nordstroms
5. Neiman Marcus

The Haute Report are not very huge fans of online shopping either (we like our purchases in hand). But something tells me, if there's a deal that we just can't live without and it's available online, we'll probably bite our tongues about the "but I don't like online shopping" and do some online shopping… smh… LOL!!! 

My double whammy, not only am I a shopaholic/wardrobe stylist, I also have a career in Information Technology. Which pretty much means, I don't deserve Holidays. Take off from one and the other is still in high demand. Wish someone would protest for the people of I.T. But NO!!!!!

Why would anyone want to spend a full day with family and friends and no shopping or technology??? Pffffffft!!!! 

It wasn't too long ago when people weren't forced to be away from their families on Holidays just so we can shop. Simon Malls are even rumored to fine stores up to $1,100 an hour for being closed on Thanksgiving. WOW!  
We lived with stores being closed on Thanksgiving before, we can do it now! Or am I telling my age?… 

And if your doors must be open… Rather than making it mandatory, how about voluntary for those who don't mind…. 

Just my thoughts! 

The Holidays are near!!! 

I think I'd rather spend my time tellling jokes and eating Turkey legs vs. waiting in line for hours… (shrugs…)



Subscribe to The Haute Report for more!
Looking for us on Social media? @goldanblue or goldanbluestyle


No comments:

Post a Comment