Friday, January 2, 2015

Shopping for the New Year…


The first weekend of 2015! 
YAY!!!!

New Year. New You? New Wardrobe? 

Any new ideas for Shopping 'N Style? 
Plan on going from high to low or low to high? Maybe cut down on impulse buying (something I need to learn)?
More shopping online rather than going to the store? 

The Haute Report talks ~ Shopping for the New Year… 


It's Saturday, normally, when we're off, we shop. However, it's been ugly raining in the City of Houston where I reside. Sorry folks, these Sunny pics aren't from today (sad face). The pics were chosen to get us in a shopping mood that we can talk about. *wink* wink* 

With the New Year, everyone has changes they'd like to make whether it's financial, relationships, personal goals, etc., etc., 
The changes I would like to make are my shopping habits (pouts). Not that I plan to stop shopping (pfffffffffft!) I just need to cut down on impulsive buying… 


Here's the deal… 
Or, my new rules for shopping. Wait, scratch the part about "rules". What rules? How about, pointers? Here are some pointers I will follow when shopping this year: 

1. Continue to buy high and low.
Nothing says 'style' like pairing a $0.25 thrifted top or bottom with those $700 MB heels. Buy low when you need to budget. Buy high when you want it to last. But remember, buying low means buying more and buying high means buying less. Unless that is, you're a thrifty thrifter… 
 
2. Impulsive buying just gets me in trouble with my money… smh… 
So, I'm teaching myself something new. How to say, "NO!!" when I see something "cute" without even thinking how my closet may feel about it. Of course, this doesn't apply to shoes. HA! 
My goal is to make sure that it makes sense. It has a place to go other than my hangers. You know, that "oh it was cute, so I bought it, that's why it's hanging up in my closet a year later with the price tags". No more "cute" tees or rumbling through the clearance racks when I "only" went to Target for popcorn. 
Oh, wait! I just overheard on my intercom that impulse shopping has been approved for dresses and shoes purposes… LOL! 

3. Shopping online or fight mall traffic? I'd rather fight traffic to make sure that what I see, like, and want, is what I get. Plus, I like my purchases in hand, same day. Whereas online, will it look the same in person? Will it fit how I want it to? Then, wait however many days just to receive and frown because it's not what you thought it would be. Maybe a size smaller or another size up could have made it haute. 
But, if it's cold and rainy outside and prefer to stay in with hot cocoa and fuzzy socks, and, you know the brand, how it treats you, and the price is right, then I'll make an exception. Other than that, I plan on hitting the streets. 


There you have it, a few of my shopping policies that I have written down for shopping the New Year #chicstreet style. 

Early afternoon, let's go do some smart buying! We still have all day to shop!  


#TheHauteReport

Happy New Year!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment