Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's more about the Hat…


Happy, Happy Fab Friday!!! 

Today, on The Haute Report, we'll rewind to a few days backs in this knitted cap that I'll probably never get enough of. 

Having a bad hair day? Or maybe you just don't feel like getting it together? Or, you're a natural girl haute such as myself and it's wash day?? Or, just a fly girl who likes to keep it haute??? 


I will always love this rasta style cap that I bought off the corners (at 5:00 in the morning) from a street vendor in New Orleans a couple years back. 
The cap was handmade by the vendor himself with rasta life colors, Red, Gold and Green, giving me that ole Bob Marley feeling with Reggae music to my ears. 
Besides the colorful life and meaning behind the cap, it's cozy, warm and big enough to cover my untamed afro. LOL! 


Rasta Chic! 
Knits and cotton can be casually chic. 
Simple basics, cotton gray pencil, white v-neck, knitted black cardigan and black booties but it's more about the hat! 


The way this hat is set up, I can rock it a million different ways! Don't be surprised if you catch me wearing this cap with a cocktail dress… 
LOL!!! 

Another thing I'm currently into right now is wearing a belt tied around the waistline, while leaving my cardigans, jackets and coats open,  for a little peek-a-boo and to pull that silhouette in on oversized pieces… 

Outfit Details: Pencil Skirt - H&M; Tee - Mossimo (Target); Cardigan - Kenneth Cole; Booties - Altuzarra for Target; Hat - Rasta (street vendor); Cuff - Vendor

Big knitted hats are beyond haute at the moment! Whether you pull an oldie or grab a newbie, it's cold everywhere, and it's more about the hat, keep it chic, fun, cozy, and just wear the hat! 


#TheHauteReport



No comments:

Post a Comment