Friday, October 17, 2014

L'Objet the Luxurious Home Functionality: Interview with Elad Yifrach


Happy, Happy Friday!!!! 

Looking for a little Home Decor Inspiration???? 
L'Objet brings Luxurious Function to the Home with unique one of a kind handcrafted designs by the world's foremost master Artisans, making L'Objet a reality when enhancing the finest homes, tables and desk, both luxurious and functional. 



The Haute Report interviews the man behind it all - Elad Yifrach, Founder & Creative Director of L'Objet. But first, how about a little scoop on Elad and the creation of L'Objet - the remarkable artwork that adds more than luxurious function to your home.



"L’OBJET is the vision of Elad Yifrach, who prior to founding the company in 2004, enjoyed a successful career as a young interior designer in Beverly Hills, California. There he honed his eye and cultivated a singular taste and style that is uniquely his own. While working on behalf of his  discerning clients, Elad recognized avoid in the marketplace for luxury tabletop products that equally embraced beauty, meticulous craftsmanship and functionality. After many months of inspired exploration and sourcing the world’s foremost artisans to
make his designs a reality, L’OBJET was born.

Born and raised in Israel, Elad was exposed to the region’s rich culture, its natural beauty and the spirit of its neighboring exotic lands from an early age. As a lifelong traveler and devotee of the Mediterranean, Elad continuously draws inspiration for L’OBJET from the region’s people and ways as well as its venerable traditions of craft: the elegant architecture of a Grecian island skyline can be seen in the rounded pearl filigree of the Perlee Blue dinnerware or the vibrant spirit of the Italian people are reflected in the bold prints of the exclusive L’OBJET Pour Fortuny collection.

In 2012, L’OBJET partnered with Fortuny, the legendary Italian fashion and textile design house, to create L’OBJET Pour Fortuny. For the first time in Fortuny’s nearly 100 year history, they have chosen to align their brand with another, selecting L’OBJET to create a curated collection of dinnerware, serving pieces, frames and candles using signature Fortuny patterns to reinterpret the iconic brand. L’OBJET Pour Fortuny is a harmonious union of style, color, pattern and an affirmation of both brand’s commitment to quality and design."



“I am passionate about creating beautiful objects to enhance the finest homes, tables and desks,” said EladYifrach, Founder and Creative Director. “The spirit, natural beauty and striking architecture of the Mediterranean, from which I come from, are a constant source of inspiration for every L’OBJET piece I design.”

Let's get this interview started....

GB: I've read your bio about how you were a young successful Interior Designer in Beverly Hills, CA and realized there was something missing when it came to luxury tabletop products. And, here, you are today, the man beind L'Objet! And please excuse me as I'm new to your products and I feel it's indeed love at first sight. I can clearly see the beautiful craftsmanship and works of art in your collections. 

GB: Tells us a little about your collection? If you had to describe it in a few words.

EY: It's a true collected objects that are inspired by memories, by places that I travel to and people that I meet. I try to bring a solvent of craft into life with objects. So, Whether its with porcelain or with metal or with leather I try to kind of work to bring something unique to it.

GB: Although your pieces are true works of art it's also functional. Meaning it could be artwork for your  dinner table or desktops or you can simply just eat on pure pieces of art, right? LOL!

EY: Right!



GB: The designs are impeccable! And you go through great measures giving it all that you've got to make the best and the best it is. Is there more to that?

EY: I always say the world has enough product, the world doesn't need more product. But the world needs better product. So, how would you create is better than what already exist? Is kind of the question I always lead when I design. And when I look at something at the end, I say okay, so you design something, it could be pretty, it could be different but how is it better than anything else out there? I feel like when you come from that place, then you feel like you've brought something meaningful to the market. And that's kind of the guiding voice.

GB: Do you have a favorite piece from your collection? What makes it your favorite? Is there a story behind it? 

EY: I love our candles. I think they're very special because most candles come in glass containers and specially when I give gifts, I like someone to hold it for a long time and have it. I feel that with our candles because they're made out of porcelain and they have such a beautiful finishing and feel, its like a box. When the candle has burned, you have a beautiful piece that's left and it's decorative. You could use it to put like chocolates or you can use it for your earrings or your culf-links or you know, Q-tips or whatever. But it last, the purpose last, just beyond the candle and I like that.

GB: With the unique craftsmanship and all around beauty, we can definitely see your collection as being part of the family for years to come, being passed down from generation to generation. That must be exciting, huh? 

EY: Yeah, but thats going back to making sure that you bring "better product" because "better product" last. So, yeah...

GB: Now, L'Objet partnered with Fortuny the Legendary Italian Fashion House in 2012. Has that teamwork between the two, giving you more inspiration when cultivating this luxurious Artwork?

EY: Yes, the access to their archives and up until then, I didn't do a lot of color and then it kind of opened my eyes to start daring more with color and introducing things that are more colorful. And giving the color of my own interpretation that was a very big growth for me as a designer and at the same time also the pleasure and honor of working with such an established and prestigious House of Fabrics was such a big deal for us. 

GB: Do you ever miss or do you actually, still enjoy Interior Design or miss it?

EY: Mainly for my friends or myself. I enjoy it. When I get the time. (Chuckles) 

GB: I'm simple when it comes to decorating my home I just get the stuff in there and I'm like, "oh, it looks like it's comfortable right here" and I just plop down. (Laughs)

EY: Sometimes, that's all it needs. Sometimes, when you fuss with it too much , it's just fussy, you know. It's like dressing, you can put on a dress and just a pair of earrings and look fabulous but the more you add, sometimes it just gets lost. You know, like, less is more.

GB: Right!?!!! Less is more elegant, in my opinion. 

GB: Hmmm... So, a Dinner Party isn't a Dinner Party until L'Objet pieces are involved. HA! The ultimate Dinner Party. 

EY: Yes, That's True! That's True! (Chuckles)


GB: What's next for L'Objet?

EY: Keep evolving as a brand. Keep adding more and more categories that are going to be different and continue the story. The past year we invested a lot into the library objects and desk objects and now we want to go more into home fragrance and refine every category that we have, refine it to the next level. 


After the interview, I had an absolute blast as I received a tour of the Luxurious L'Objet pieces, learning all that I need to know - which I am now a huge fan!!!! I'm usually lazy when it comes to decorating my home but I'm seriously rethinking my life. I need to grow up and get some real Home Decor. HA! L'Objet take me away!!!

Time to marvel over some favorites on display. A picture frame is not a picture frame until you upgrade your game to L'Objet. Meticulously handcrafted, plated with 24K gold or platinum, jeweled with Swarovski crystals. Even the back of the frames are stylish with real leather. In the event that you need to turn a picture around or lay it flat on it's face, your frame will still look Haute.


The Candles were just as Elad described, a master piece that you could keep forever! Hand-sculpted finials, hand-gilded 24K gold, and scents of Pink Champagne or Vetiver D'Orient. I particularly loved the Crocodile and Elephant candles - soooo, Chic Street!
 Once, the candle burns out, imagine it being a special holder of your precious goods. 

Or, how about the Napkin jewels or Spice jewels like the ones displayed above. The Snake - Napkin holder and the Turtle - Salt & Pepper shaker, both are 24K gold or platinum plated metals and with Swarovski crystals making this top of the line Haute!


The saying goes, "Feeling Blue Never Felt Better!" with L'Objet Lapis Collection. Dessert among the Stars! Not only that, Goldan Blue Style!!!!

Love at 1st sight has been underrated!!!!!

Have dinner like none other with the ultimate luxurious dinnerware!!!! 
Fine China that will never leave the family tree! Tea parties and Coffee will never be the same. The Pinecone Place card holders adorned with 24k gold and again, hand-set Swarovski crystals and semi-precious gemstones.
I can't stop drooling! Hopefully, I didn't drip any drool on this beautiful collection of Art...


The Crocodile dream team appears to be more geared towards the Man of Style but I can see this just about anywhere in the home outside of his office and/or man cave. Versatility that can go in his or her bathroom, tabletops, desktops and can even be used as jewelry holders for both the Ladies and Gents. Whatever your desire.
 But to have Crocodile coasters!?!???!!! That's real luxury that can't be touched!


The Gold Snake Book-ends that are to die for!!!! 
This will definitely keep your guest in awe as well as your home. 
Luxury that needs no introduction or explanation!!!!


Gravy, anyone! Psych!!! Well, for myself but I don't think I would pass this around the table to guest. It would be for myself, only. Keep your hands off my Black & White Swans!!!! HA! Don't lay a finger... Just kidding....


Already decorating my home with the Luxurious L'Objet!!! Well, the catalogs... 
You know, as a reminder to myself, to step up my game on the Home Decor, when I grow up! 
But, we definitely have our eyes on quite a few pieces that we would love to decorate our homes with as soon as possible! And with the Holiday approaching, I got a few ideas for some gifts that I would absolutely love to be given! LOL!!!!


There you have it! The Haute Report takes on L'Objet and interviews the Extraordinaire Founder and Creative Director - Elad Yifrach! 

It was great sitting down and speaking with Elad the man behind it all! We learned a lot about his collections and it's Loud and Clear, why L'Objet is L'Objet!!!

From a dinner plate that is layered then fired three times with 24k gold fired to achieve the
optimal rich glow of the precious metal to hand etched frames using small needles by Venetian jewelers tocreate a distinctive texture, Elad has designed small works of art.

For more on L'Objet one of the most innovative and fastest growing companies in the luxury goods sector. Please visit... 






Don't forget to Subscribe to The Haute Report and follow us on Social Media under GoldanBlueStyle or GoldanBlue!


No comments:

Post a Comment