Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Texas Food Bible at Neiman Marcus


Dean Fearing with The Texas Food Bible Cookbook Signing at Neiman Marcus!!! 


To have "Style" isn't just about how you dress it's a "LifeStyle!!!"
(Even though I believe my Honda Civic is a BMW X5… Pfffffft! LOL!!!)

How about eating in EXTREME STYLE at Fearing's Restaurant located inside the Ritz Carlton Hotel, Dallas, enjoying Exquisite Cuisines that'll knock you off your feet and craving for more!?!!!! 

Now that's STYLE!!! 


Dean Fearing "The Father of Southwestern Cuisine" has established himself as the Best Chef in Texas!!! 
After 20 years of being the Chef at The Mansions on Turtle Creek, Fearing teamed up with the Ritz Carlton, Dallas and opened Fearing's… 
Today, a Pioneer of American Cuisine and James Beard winner for Best Chef in the Southwest, Dean stops by Neiman Marcus for his cookbook signing of The Texas Food Bible with best bud and bandmate Robert Del Grande… 

The book covers step-by-step methods and techniques for grilling, smoking and braising - The Southwest Style!!!

From tacos to salsa, culinary treasures, steaks to puddings… I mean, you name it, The Texas Food Bible has it! 
Southwestern Style!!! 

Robert Del Grande, Houston-based, one of Texas Finest! 
 Kitchen Genius & Musician! 

Dean calls Robert, "A genius in the kitchen!" Robert has culinary skills down to a science with his own take on flavors and ingredients that have become the new Southwestern way! 

The Texas Food Bible p.186
Robert Del Grande's Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Backyard Steak Sauce looks DELICIOUS!!! 

One of my girlfriends and I were scanning over the recipe last night and it's definitely going to be our next grill adventure… 
(but she'll do the cooking not I… LOL!!!) 


Dean and Robert are best buds sharing some of the same passions, hanging out, smoking and grilling, doing what they love, even playing in their band together "Barbwires" at various charity events...

Intrigued by the repertoire and resume I thought it would be interesting to know about the Chef's at home… 

So, are you guys the main Cooks at home or do you sit back and let the Ladies take over? 

Dean says he does it all by himself. Believes it can be more relaxing and enjoyable at home with maybe a glass of wine, good laughs, good company! Loves to entertain through his cooking… 

Robert says his wife makes an Amazing Pork Chop. Although she'll still have her "how to" questions… LOL!! He chuckles and then says, "Food is always better when someone else cooks it".

HA! Sounds like something I say to my Brother all the time when I'm making excuses about not cooking… 

Can you imagine being in their family and having the luxury of eating the BEST of the BEST!?!! But, like all the time!?!!! 

Whenever Robert cooks at home, he says the kids always ask, "Are we going to eat - "Tonight" 
LOL!!! Sooo Cute, too funny!!! 


Of course I'm always looking to be adopted and by the looks of those Fourth of July Deviled Eggs!?!!! 

LOL! Dean kept saying how he wanted to go Shopping and Shopping… which I found quite hilarious because he made me want to Shop on my day off from Shopping… 
Bwahahahaha…. 


Being the GREAT CHEFS they are and out of all the AMAZING Dishes from Legendary to New Classics…

What are their favorites of all? 

And of course! This is TEXAS!!! 
So, you know the #1 ANSWER!!! 
BAR-B-QUE!!!! 

Both agree there is nothing better than Grilling & Smoking as it brings out the BEST TASTE!

Not only that, it brings everyone out… 
Family, Friends, Laughter, Love & Great Eats!!! 


Dean and Robert were lots of fun to talk with! Funny, laid back Gentlemen who LOVE to entertain by cooking up the BEST Cuisines!!! 


Oh! And did I mention the GREAT STYLE they have with those Cowboy Boots!?!!!

Now those are Boots!!!
 Real Deal Boots!!! 

GEESH!!! I should have gotten a close but unfortunately life isn't perfect when you're scattered brain… (silly smirk) 


YES!!! 
My Texas Food Bible has been signed!!! 

P.S. Although I had the book signed to my Mother, my older Brother has been becoming quite an Awesome Cook!!! And since my Brother and I are the only ones who lives in Texas while the rest of our family in California… And I can't wait to eat some of these AMAZING recipes!!! But too lazy to butcher it myself, it's only right to let my Brother cook it for me… LOL!!! 

Sssshhhh…
 My mother can't know about this… (smirk) 


I'm already in LOVE with some of the recipes, such as Charred Corn & Chorizo Street Tacos, East Texas Seafood Jambalaya, fourth-of-july deviled eggs, and the caramalized apple bucket! Mmmmm… 
Now I just need someone to cook them for me HA! 

I see why they're calling this the Ultimate Cookbook for foodies and home cooks looking to add some real Texas flavor! 

I'm sorry but you'll have to get your own Texas Food Bible for the Best Southwest Cuisine recipes that will have your family, friends, and acquaintances calling you Top Chef! 
I can only share so much… hehe

For more information on Dean Fearing and his AMAZING cuisines and recipes www.fearingsrestaurant.com … 
The Texas Food Bible is on sale now! Or in the Dallas area and looking to dine InStyle with some of the best Southwest Cuisines… Fearing's in Ritz Carlton, Dallas, has a table seat for you! 

Robert Del Grande's Bio on StarChefs.com and you can also find him here in houston at his restaurant RDG + Bar Annie

I'm now hungry all of a sudden… 

Thanks Neiman Marcus!!! 

We LOVE Great Eats!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment