Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Super Bowl of Fashion - Met Gala


This year's Met Gala theme, "China: Through the looking Glass".  
The Fashion Super Bowl as we like to call it was a little boring for some odd reason. However, there were a few that brought the Art of Fashion to life!

The Met Gala is an annual fundraiser benefiting the Metropolitan Museum of Arts Costume Institute in New York City - in which the fashion is suppose to be over the top with glamorous pieces of art worn as Haute Couture gowns.

The Haute Report spent hours online gazing at last night's Red Carpet (not impressed with the "let's be boring for the Met")
I wanted to see over the top gowns because it's the Met Gala people!

So, who made our list of the top Fab Fav's?!


Zhang Ziyi in this beautiful Carolina Herrera gown. Simply gorgeous! The fabric, the detailing, the make-up, the clutch, the entire look was PERFECT for the NIGHT!!!


Janelle Monae in H&M. 
She makes my heart beat in this black - white duo with a dramatic cape and that hair?!
Served it just right!


Everyone's favorite, Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) in Prada. 
The pink and green was a match made in Heaven for the Princess.


Rihanna Bad Gal RiRi gave me Met Gala fashion in this Guo Pei!!!
Whether she looked like an omelette or not, the gown and accessories were right on time for the theme and the event.


Mrs. Solange Ferguson showed out in a Giles Deacon "this is ART!" Dress! 
Many may say, "worst dressed" but I say, "one of the best!"
I mean, come on, it's not suppose to be boring. It's suppose to be glamorous costumes in the form of a Haute Couture Gown people! 
Solange, you did the damn thing!


What I called boring and unimpressed was King Bey, Kim West, and J-Lo. Sheer Couture gowns took the center stage on last night's Red Carpet. However, something about "lets play it safe and stick to our usual AOF (ass out Friday) that made me think - boring! 
Anyone can look sexy when your goodies are all on display but cover it up and let's see some sex appeal without the booty!
(No shade, just calling it how I see it)


My love, Sarah Jessica Parker in H&M. 
What happened???
Usually, my favorite at the Met Ball, always kills it but I was sadly disappointed when I saw this hit the Red Carpet... Just why???
I mean, she stayed true to the theme but something just went awfully wrong!

Overall, this year was, eh, okay. Some didn't want to play along due to critics saying the theme was racist and others joined the party to show out with their Art of Fashion in full Haute Couture 'Costume' Gowns. 
I absolutely loved the worst dressed because they played the part and brought the Art of Fashion to life!

What were your favorites?


#TheHauteReport


Social Media
@goldanblue or @goldanbluestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment