Monday, August 4, 2014

Casual Monday's: Weekend Recap


Casual Monday: Weekend Recap… 

What are weekends for!?!! Let your hair down and relax. Enjoying fun times with great company. Shopping, cleaning, running errands, and all that good stuff we try to get done within 2 days before our favorite day of the week arrives - Monday… UGH!!! 

Our weekend consisted of personal shopping for a male client, dining out, arguing with our business manager, quick photoshoots, attending Truly You Curls Pop-up Shop (later on the blog) and lots of nap time... No, seriously, lots of naps!!! LOL!!! (shrugs)… 

Here I stand - Dressed for the occasion!!! 


Casually on my Tomboy Glitch *ish with a pop of cleavage for my mood swings… 

Nothing says 'Saturday afternoon' like a pair of distressed boyfriend cut jeans, button-down shirt, sneaks and a blazer! My version of wearing basketball shorts with a t-shirt and Nike slide sandals… bwahahahaha!!! 

Going out with friends? Need a quick jazz-up? 
Just ditch your sneaks for a pair of heels… 

P.S. I chose to ignore the iron for a more edgy/grunge-like look… I mean we're probably just going to take another nap after this…  


We're taking 'comfy basics' from your closet and styling it to look like a Runway Model during her downtime is our lesson here… 

Otay!!! So, maybe I don't look like a Runway Model but I betcha folks are eyeballing and wondering 'who's that girl'… 
(I know! I know! I'm too much! LOL!!!)

If I were to somehow fall off this rock and scuff up my jeans it wouldn't even matter… (smirk)… 


The Haute Report model - KP, also tagged along on a Casual Saturday, wearing faded black jeans, a grey sweater with a front zipper and yellow heels to add just a little color and sunshine to the gloomy sky… 

Tomboy Chic!!! 


What do we do with our faded black jeans? Save them for casual days! Duh!!! Paired with either heels or flats - doesn't matter - they're perfect when you want an old Rocker vibe for a Casually Chic look!!! 

I'm really not sure what this pose is about or why she looks as if she's trying to upstage me but little Ms. Princess will have to take a backseat… LOL!!! 


Moral of the Story: 
Turn those old basics into a Casually Chic ensemble!! 

Black faded jeans - Rocker Haute
Boyfriend jeans- Comfy Chic
White Button-down - Essential
Sneaks - Must have
Heels - Must have
Blazer - Optional (essential. Imo) 

Awwwww!!!! 
She's so sleepy that she's smiling again… 

Besides Goldan sleep walking… 
Thoughts on our weekend recap? 

Which do you prefer? Tomboy Glitch or Casually Chic? 


I hope everyone had an AWESOME WEEKEND!!! 
Now, back to Monday…. 


My Outfit Details: 

Shirt - Forever21
Jeans - Levi's
Blazer - Thrifted
Sneakers - Chucks (Converse) 
Hair - "Wannabe" Twist-out Fro



Follow us on: 
IG: http://instagram.com/GoldanBlueStyle
Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/Goldan21
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Goldan-Blue-Style



No comments:

Post a Comment